Teeth Cleaning Springbank Calgary
For several years, dentistry has focused on fixing dental problems as soon as they arise. But this can lead to several consequences such as irreversible complications and risks. So for a more conservative, less invasive, cost-effective, and efficient approach, dentistry has now centred on preventive dental treatments.
With preventive dentistry, oral health problems are prevented by promoting, restoring, and maintaining good oral hygiene. And among the treatments that help to accomplish this is routine dental check-ups and teeth cleaning in our Springbank Calgary dental practice.
Importance of Teeth Cleaning
With the aid of our dental hygienist in Springbank Hill Dental, many patients can benefit from the long-term effects of comprehensive dental check-ups and teeth cleaning.
Some of these include:
- Prevents dental diseases: Routine teeth cleaning removes plaque and deposits. These are areas where bacteria grow and multiply. Bacteria eats away your tooth enamel, infects your gums, and damages your bone. So if left to thrive, this will cause tooth decay, gum disease, and periodontal problems.
- Identifies oral cancers at an early stage: Oral cancer can occur at any age and can result in widespread damage if not managed early. At Springbank Hill Dental, our dentists and hygienists have vast knowledge in oral health to identify possible signs of oral cancer. So we can provide you with an effective treatment plan as soon as the cancer is diagnosed.
- Helps avoid serious and costly dental work: Many dental problems are easily preventable and curable if they are identified and treated at an early stage. But if they are left to progress, tooth decay may worsen to cause dental abscesses, and gum disease will be a periodontal problem that may eventually lead to tooth loss. These are consequences that will need more expensive and invasive dental treatments. But with regular check-ups and teeth cleaning, your hygienist can spot these problems and provide you with good measures for a long-lasting healthy smile.
- Improves oral health: Preventive dentistry is key to excellent dental health now and into the future. Aside from teeth cleaning and check-ups with your dental hygienist at our Springbank Calgary practice, your understanding, and participation in at-home oral hygiene routines helps prevent the onset, progression, and recurrence of dental diseases. With this, you can maintain a healthy smile for many years.
- Influences overall well-being: The benefits of teeth cleaning and other preventative dentistry procedures do not cover just the mouth. Because good dental health is maintained, systemic diseases are also avoided.
Teeth Cleaning at Springbank Calgary
Professional teeth cleaning involves 3 routine procedures – scaling, polishing, and fluoride treatment. This is done in succession to achieve a cleaner and healthier smile.
- Scaling – using an ultrasonic scaler, plaque and other irritants are removed from all tooth surfaces. If needed, deep scaling may be done to scrape away the accumulated deposits beneath the gum line.
- Polishing – then, the teeth are buffed and polished to remove surface stains, leaving the smile looking whiter and more radiant. Flossing is also done to remove leftover polishing paste in between the teeth.
- Fluoride Application – lastly, the teeth are coated with a layer of fluoride to keep them more resistant to tooth decay.
The rule of thumb is that you should visit your dentist twice a year, every 6 months for teeth cleaning. But if you are being treated for gum or periodontal disease, a visit to your hygienist every 3 months is recommended for thorough cleaning and assessment.
How to maintain optimal dental health between visits?
Keeping your oral health in good condition is not just a job for your dentist. This is something you and your dentist should work on together. So, while you’re at home and between hygiene appointments, here are some tips to keep your teeth in good shape:
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a dentist-prescribed toothpaste.
- Floss between your teeth at least once a day to remove food debris.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash. Gently swish in your mouth and avoid swallowing.
- Limit your intake of acidic food as this erodes your tooth enamel, leading to decay and cavity.
- Avoid sugary foods as this feeds the bacteria on the plaque which eventually becomes acid that affects the strength of your teeth.
- Avoid smoking. This is a risk factor for common dental problems such as gum and periodontal disease.
- Boost your immune system with a healthy diet and vitamins.
Preventive Dentistry with Springbank Hill Dental
With the care of experienced dentists and hygienists in Springbank Hill Dental, you and your family are a step closer to your oral health goals. Get in touch with us at 403 – 454 – 4757 to book your appointment.
Why Choose Springbank Hill Dental?
We understand that you are busy and don’t always have time to visit a dentist for a routine checkup in the middle of your Monday. That’s why we offer extended hours to serve our clients better. We are also open Saturdays.
DIRECT BILLING TO INSURANCE PLANS
To support our clients, we offer direct billing, predeterminations of treatments, and financial arrangements to all our patients to ensure smooth and easy payment transactions.
PAYMENT PLANS & FINANCING AVAILABLE
We understand that dental services can be an unexpected expense. That’s why we offer flexible payment plans and options to suit our patients’ needs. Speak with one of our dental assistants to learn more.
At Springbank Hill Dental, you will never struggle to find parking. Our clinics offer convenient parking options that are free of charge to our patients. It’s one more way we work to put a smile on your face.